Nairobi National Park is a unique ecosystem by being the only protected area in the world close to a capital city. The park is located only 7 km from Nairobi city centre. The savannah ecosystem comprise of different vegetation types. Open grass plains with scattered acacia bush are predominant. The western side has a highland […]Book Now Ask a Question
Nairobi National Park is a unique ecosystem by being the only protected area in the world close to a capital city. The park is located only 7 km from Nairobi city centre. The savannah ecosystem comprise of different vegetation types. Open grass plains with scattered acacia bush are predominant. The western side has a highland dry forest and a permanent river with a riverine forest. To the south are the Athi-Kapiti Plains and Kitengela migration corridor which are important wildlife dispersal areas during the rain season. Man-made dams within the park have added a further habitat, favourable to certain species of birds and other aquatic biome.Major wildlife attractions are the Black rhino, lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, buffaloes, Giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, elands and diverse birdlife with over 400 species recorded. Other attractions include the Ivory burning site Monument, Nairobi Safari Walk, the Orphanage and the walking trails at hippo pools.
By Air: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Wilson Airports
• Main gate: KWS headquarters Langata road
• Cheetah Gate
• Langata Gate
• Maasai Gate
• Mbagathi Gate(service gate)
• Banda Gate(service gate)
• Citizens – Valid Passport or National ID
• Residents – Valid Passport & reentry pass
• The only Wildlife park in the world that is so close to the city
• Black rhinoceros :which is an endangered species
• The first park to be gazetted in Kenya on December 16, 1946
• Major rhino sanctuary for breeding and restocking other parks
• Picnic Facilities:For corporate events, bush dinners, weddings, picnics, team building sessions, video and film production
• King Fisher
• historic ivory burning site
• Game viewing
• Corporate Events such as Bush Dinners, Team Building, Video and Film Production.
• Special Events such as Weddings.
• Three-star Rangers Restaurant where patrons relax for meals while overlooking the park.
• Perfect outing place for families, couples, friends, bonding, game viewing, family get-togethers